Thursday, August 22, 2019

August Sewciety Box!

My sewing subscription box for August arrived today.  It's a little on the pricy side, but I enjoy it.  The Sewciety provides a pattern (paper or digital download, depending upon the month), fabric sufficient for any size to make that pattern, and all notions: thread, buttons, interfacing, whatever.  They also include a helpful sewing thing, not a notion, but a thing, like the fabric marker shown here which magically disappears from the fabric when it's ironed.  I love it!

Additionally, they include a couple of small cuts to make a "petite project" each month.  Once, they sent materials and pattern for pot holders (which I made for my daughter-in-law), once it was a travel bag (which I gave to my granddaughter to hold her crayons), once it was a thread catcher...you get the idea.  This month, it's materials for a small pennant, including fabrics and a wooden dowel, plus printed directions.

It's always fun to get the box; it's like a little surprise gift I gave to myself some time back.  Sometimes I love the patterns, and a couple of times I've been indifferent or even disliked them, but I've always enjoyed them nonetheless.  August's project probably won't get made until September - things with grandchildren planned for the next 2 weekends - but who can't use a pretty gray top?

1 comment:

  1. I love that gray fabric. I have a big shirt made from a similar color and print. It's nice to get a fun package in the mail. Do you get any choices?

    ReplyDelete