Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Thanksgiving dress!

I know Thanksgiving is 3 weeks past.  But that's the way life has been going.

So, I had this beautiful fabric in a bundle I purchased in September.  It's a stretch fabric, with lace overlay attached to the backing, making an elegant look really easy.  I chose to make a princess seamed dress with a high-low hem from the Vogue V9199 pattern.  I have used this pattern before, and was certain of the fit.



It's an easy dress to make, with no zipper required.  The one thing I don't like is that Vogue didn't draft a neckband for the dress, instead directing you to turn the edge under.  Sorry, guys, that's kind of a cheat.  So, having learned how to draft a neckband at September Sew Camp, I put that education into action, and fixed the problem.

Here's a picture of the family before dinner, which is a prerequisite for getting fed at Thanksgiving!  As usual, our best friend came with his sons, their wives and children, and an extra guy who was alone, along with my daughter's roommate, whose car was broken and couldn't get home to Ohio to celebrate with her family.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like the dog got all dressed up with his tie and everyone else was in casual dress. Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful and you look terrific in it!!!

    ReplyDelete