Monday, December 16, 2019

Christmas Sewing

I've been absent of late.  There is just so much to do between end of year tasks and preparing for Christmas.  But I made 3 sets of gifts for people that they really enjoyed.

First, a set of 12 Christmas Tree napkins for my oldest daughter's mother in law.  She loves Christmas, so what better way to help her celebrate?  (Plus, I sewed them entirely on my treadle sewing machine.  I'm not sure why; it just seemed like fun.)

Second, a set of 4 each placemats and napkins for my youngest daughter's kitchen table.  It was an old tale that she picked up secondhand, painted a cheery turquoise, and always has set up with placemats.  So I searched for a Christmas fabric of an appropriate color, and made them for her.  I'm really pleased with my color match from 650 miles away.

Third, stuffed Christmas trees!  I found a pattern for these, and had just enough of the green fabric to make 3 trees.  Of course, I gave the first 2 to my son's kids, and the little guy hugged his and raced off to play.  The third I kept for my daughter's eldest.  I was delighted when I realized that with a little creative cutting and a different fabric, I could make a smaller tree for the baby, who is just shy of 7 months old.  Machine washable, soft and squishable, what more could anyone ask for?
 (Little guy ran off with his tree before I could take a picture; this one is his sister's.)

I'm also in the process of making matching green velvet dresses for me and the 3 little girls.  It's slow work; the fabric is really heavy.  Heck, my dress weighs in excess of 2 pounds.  That's a lot.

Happy Monday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! I love all of these projects and they make me want to start sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all but those little trees are the cutest!! Pattern?

    ReplyDelete