Sunday, September 8, 2019

Introducing Hepsibah

Many years ago, somewhere around the time I was born, my grandmother, who was a very talented artist and seamstress, made a 4 foot tall Easter Bunny.  True to her quirky style and sense of humor, she named this bunny Hepsibah.


I loved Hepsibah.  She was around for my christening (at 6 months old, in my grandmother's house, with my mother), and every Easter for many years.  At some point, Hepsibah stopped coming out for Easter; I really don't know what happened to her, but I'm certain she's in a landfill somewhere.

So, I've been thinking about getting a mannequin to help me with figuring out what fabrics want to be, and to make taking pictures of finished objects easier.  When you only have yourself, getting a good picture becomes torturous.  Plus, it's 65 degrees and cloudy here, and, being September, the weather is only going to get worse.  Those are the rules: in December, it's darn cold, and in January, venture outside without 6 layers of clothes at your own peril.  And my autofocus is having issues figuring out what's me and what's the background when I take indoor pictures, so I have many blurry photos.

Anyway, the new Hepsibah is here to try and help me; she's very close to my size.  But if the original Hepsibah were still around, you know I'd be trying to figure out how to fit dresses over that upraised arm, because those pictures would be awesome!

Happy Sunday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you got your sewing skills from your grandma! Hepsibah was pretty cute. Glad you like your new mannequin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you were going to say that you recreated Hepsibah for your grandchildren to enjoy. I've been thinking about creating a figure from old clothes, only need to make a head and hands. Till then I have a giant teddy bear that models hats, scarves and some sweaters for pictures.

    ReplyDelete