Sunday, November 17, 2019

A Real Compliment

So, I went to the supermarket this afternoon; not really a surprise, I do believe that most people have that experience every so often.

It was not too cold, about 33, so I was wearing a long leather coat and some shoes I needed to try out, along with a dress that I made at Sew Camp in March.  It was my first raglan sleeved dress, and I made a complete muck of it, stitching the sleeves together at the shoulder before ripping the seams out and starting over.  Not my finest hour, but I do like this dress.


Anyway, I was paying for my chicken, milk, london broil and bread (that's all I bought), when a woman walked past me, pushing her heaping cart of food, and said, "I like your dress!"  I was stunned.  She had to be at least 20 years younger than me, so it really made my day.  She';ll probably make me smile for about a week with that offhand comment, and she didn't even realize it.

This is the dress, which I think I showed you back in April; I used the same fabric to make a little dress for Maddie, which she wore on Easter.


Oh, and the shoes?  I need to go to a business meeting, and found these Saks Fifth Avenue heels at an upscale consignment shop for $7.  Seven Dollars!  I was able to walk in them, and they make my feet look very delicate, so while I have another pair to try out, right now these are the front runners for said meeting (in NYC, which always requires a lot of walking).

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful! I love it when other women lift each other up... A simple nice comment can make someone's day! Love the dress.

    ReplyDelete